Reimagining the American way, Downtown L.A.’s largest free Fourth of July celebration at Grand Park will be ditching the fireworks to introduce a spectacular drone show instead, marking a first in the park’s decade-long history.
This year, L.A.’s ultimate July 4th neighborhood party will sprawl across the six city blocks of Gloria Molina Grand Park.
Traditionally alcohol is not allowed in the park and will not be sold during the event, however, attendees are encouraged to bring their own picnic or indulge in a delectable array of food and snack options available for purchase from D.T.L.A.’s beloved gourmet food trucks.
The gates to Gloria Molina Grand Park will open at 4:00 p.m., and access to the park’s grounds can be obtained through four specifically marked entrances:
- Olive and 1st Streets
- Hill and Temple Streets
- Main and 1st Streets
- Hill and 1st Streets
Spanning nearly six hours, this festive celebration is designed for the whole family, including their furry friends. Two stages will showcase a diverse range of music performances, highlighting L.A.’s global sounds.
For transportation, public parking will be available at two locations, each charging a fee of $10 per vehicle:
- The Music Center garage – 135 S. Grand Ave.
- Walt Disney Concert Hall garage – 111 S. Grand Ave.
Furthermore, additional parking lots near Gloria Molina Grand Park will be accessible.
Considering the anticipated high number of attendees, the public is strongly encouraged to utilize public transportation.
Conveniently located at the Civic Center/Gloria Molina Grand Park station, the park can be reached via the Metro.
Gloria Molina Grand Park’s 4th of July Block Party 2023 Line Up:
THE BACKYARD STAGE
Block 4 – Gloria Molina Grand Park’s Event Lawn next to City Hall, between Broadway and Spring Street
- 4:00 – 4:10 p.m.: Maya Jupiter (Host)
- 4:10 – 4:25 p.m.: DJ Ethos
- 4:25 – 5:10 p.m.: The Harmony Project
- 5:30 – 5:50 p.m.: The GR818ers
- 6:10 – 7:00 p.m.: Maya Jupiter presents ARTIVISTA featuring Medusa, Georgia Anne Muldrow, and Jessa Calderon
- 7:15 – 8:00 p.m.: Bahamadia
- 8:15 – 9:00 p.m.: Cut Chemist + Chali 2na
- 9:00 – 9:12 p.m.: Spectacular drone light show with live Hip-Hop playlist curated by DJ J Rocc of The Beat Junkies
- 9:12 – 9:30 p.m.: DJ Ethos
THE FRONT YARD STAGE
Block 2 – Gloria Molina Grand Park’s Performance Lawn between Grand Avenue and Hill Street
- 4:00 – 9:30 p.m.: The Beat Junkies present a celebration of L.A.’s DJ culture, featuring the Beat Junkie Institute of Sound, The Ladies of Sound, and special guests.
To enhance the Gloria Molina Grand Park’s 4th of July Block Party celebration, the park will feature a digital playground for children and families to engage in interactive digital and augmented reality (AR) experiences, along with arts, crafts, and games.
This exciting addition is made possible through a collaboration with EYEJACK, in partnership with The Music Center’s Digital Innovation Initiative.
The highlight of the evening will be a dynamic 3-D drone show, provided by Grizzly Entertainment, illuminating the night sky accompanied by a live playlist curated by DJ J Rocc, founder of The Beat Junkies, the drone show will embody the yearlong theme of Gloria Molina Grand Park—”Reflections”.
Only time will tell, if the drone show will bring forth as much excitement as the sparks of colorful descending gun power, but surely the organizers will continue lighting up City Hall, won’t they?